On this International Women’s Day, here’s a list of women LucknowPulse wants to put the spotlight on for their energy, dedication to social causes, and many other distinct traits that all women have but these few got them recognized by the society.
- Won the debut season of “MasterChef India”
- Launched her culinary academy- “Pankaj Bhadouria Cuilnary Academy”
- Hosted her first cookery show – “Chef Pankaj Ka Zayka” on Star Plus in 2011 and went on to host shows like “Rasoi Se – Pankaj Bhadouria ke Saath” and “3 Course with Pankaj Zee Khana Khazana” among others
- Shared her experiences in her 1st Bestseller “MasterChef Cook Book”
- Had the honor of serving the King of Bhutan and the Chief of Armed Forces during their visit to Lucknow in 2011
- Set up her signature Café “Tramp Tree Café” in Lucknow
- Instrumental in bringing a positive change in the lives of deprived and Dalit women in UP
- Founded Vanangana, an organization working for protecting the rights of women in Chitrakoot and Banda districts of Uttar Pradesh
- Now runs Sanatkada, a Crafts and Weaves Store in Lucknow which is engaged in marketing products for more than a 100 groups from across India.
- Sanatkada ka Adda is a cultural set up that has been organizing the annual Lucknow Festival of crafts, culture and food in Lucknow city.
- State’s first woman IPS officer to have successfully scaled the highest mountain peak of South America, Mount Aconcagua
- First Indian Civil Services Officer to scale Mount Vinson Massif in Antarctica
- Conquered 7 Summits including Mount Aconcagua in South America, Carstensz in Indonesia and Kilimanjaro in Africa
- Aims to conquer Mount Everest and Mount McKinley in Alaska this year
- Honored with special DGP Commendation Disc for her achievements
Honored with Rani Lakshmi Bai Veerta award
- Presented her first fashion collection in 1994 and established the Asma Hussain Institute of Fashion Technology (AIFT) in Uttar Pradesh in the same year
- Chairperson and Managing Director of the Youth Upliftment and Welfare Association (YUWA)
- Runs a designer showroom in Lucknow, the Asma Hussain Fashon House (AHFH)
- Member of FDCI and Wills India fashion Week, a council of designers in India
- Honoured with Fashion Queen Award by Lucknow Award Council in 1997, Rohit Khosla Award by Bhartiya Fankar Society Lucknow in 1998, Laxman Mela Award in 2003, Mahila Shiromani Award in 2003, Best Woman Entrepreneur Award by the Women Commission Government in 2005
- First Indian as well as First female amputee to scale Mount Everest
- Lost her leg in 2011 after she was pushed from running train for resisting thieves
- Signed up for mountaineering training under Bachendri Pal at the Uttarkashi camp of the Tata Steel Adventure Foundation (TSAF) in 2012
- Reached the top of Mount Everest at 10:55 am on 21 May 2013
- Conquered five peaks- Everest in Asia, Kilimanjaro in Africa, Elbrus in Europe, Kosizko in Australia and Aconcagua in Argentina
- Authored books “Born again on the mountain” in 2014 and “Everest Ki Beti” in 2015
- Honored with Padma Shri in 2015
- Parveen Talha is the first Muslim woman to hold an office in any Class I civil service in India
- Joined as IRS officer in 1969
- First woman to serve in Narcotics Department of India
- First IRS officer to be a member of UPSC
- Author of the book: Fida-e-Lucknow – Tales of the city and its people
- Awarded with “Padma Shri” in 2014
- Completed her Degree in Masters and PhD after marriage
- Founded Study Hall Educational Foundation
- Founded SURAKSHA, an organisation for women in 1983
- Started Vidyasthali, a rural school that serves 472 students from 55 villages
- Started Prerna school for under-privileged that serves 735 girls from urban slums
- Single handedly empowered the women artisans in Lucknow and made them self-reliant
- One of the PeaceWomen across the world who were collectively nominated for Nobel Prize in year 2005
- Honored with Padma Shri in 2007
- Co-founder of the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA) which promotes the interests of the economically depressed working women in Uttar Pradesh
- Awarded Hindustan Times Women Award 2011, TATA Consultancy Services ‘Women Achievers’ Conclave 2011, Zee Astitwa Award 2008, FICCI Award, IIM Lucknow Conclave 2007
- Founder member of ‘Beti Foundation’ which is working for the upliftment of girls
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!